Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Makeovers!

Happy New Year to you all! I hope you had a very blessed holiday season and are ready to start this new year off right. As a present to my step-daughter, we offered to redecorate her room for her. Her previous room was bright orange (the local college colors) and it was lacking a place for her to study. Also, the large bed was mostly unused and swallowing up her valuable space. Here are the before photos:



She is 10 yrs old and very active, but still girlie. She told me these details: "I like purple and brown and stripes and that scrolly print stuff (brocade)". So I took those directions and gave her this, much more girlie and open room.




She and her mother loved the changes... This was a big job. We did this makeover on a tight budget, but we wanted a big change. It can be done and I would love to help any of you with your room makeover needs!

1 comment:

Teresa B B said...

This is a great makeover. I stopped by to see in person & I love it too. It's amazing the difference in the feel of a room with the change of paint colors (from orange (warm) to violet (cool). The room feels much more spacious & has an "order" to it.

She tells me that Emmy (their silkie terrier) has now chosen this room to take her naps in! I guess it is inviting to more than one member of the faily! ha

Teresa B B